Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain and exchange 2003 installation

Hi,

This may sound awkward but I want to try this. WE are using exchange 2003 in our organization and we dont have any permissions to do any R&D as usual since this is the production enviornment.

I am really new to exchange. I want to install exchange 2003 and the domain and everything required at my home on my pc for testing and upgradation and research purpouse. I heard that it is possible to install all these on a single PC. please let me know how to do this. since this is a lenghty procedure it would be appreciated if you can provide any specific links for this.

Thanks.

Re: domain and exchange 2003 installation

Probably worth getting the MS Press Self Paced Training for exam 70-284
    This comes with an evaluation copy of Exchange 2003 (and IIRC with Server 2003) and instructions for setting it up

You then have 180 days.....
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working around with exbpa

I have just downloaded exbpa on my management console and wanted to know if it is safe to execute. Will it cause any disruption in the services or interfere in any users work ?

I have been told by my seniors not to download and execute any softwares even if it is provided by microsoft. But i want to execute it beacuse we dont have any tools to monitor it.

Also can u let me know any best tools to moitor my exchange ?

Comment

Re: Working around with exbpa

NO disruption any time i have run it, although it will put a performance hit on your exchange server while it is running

NB, for the sake of your sanity, get your bosses to send you on a training course for Microsoft Exam 70-284!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Working around with exbpa

thanks for the suggestion. as of now i have downloaded some tutorails and a book by a reputed author on exchange server 2003 and 70-284 exams. i hope this works around me.

even though i am stuck with the huge porblem of exchange hanging every 7th day. i have posted the info as an seperate topic. if possible do have a look in that and advice

Comment

Working...
          X