Exchange stops every 7th day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange stops every 7th day

We are running exchange server 2003 with windows server 2003r2. The exhange server stops sending the emails to local recipients every 7th day. When emails are checked in web outlook emails are present but does not get delivered to local outlook. When server is restarted it works fine for next 7 days and again the same problem arises. Can anyone let me know how to solve this.

Ps: There is no event logged in the event logs so that i can check for errors and all the required services show running state even when the exhange is stopped.

Re: Exchange stops every 7th day

Gen 2:2
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hey tom,

please let me know the solution if you know it coz i am new to exchange and dont know much about it.

Comment

Its a joke
        Put "Gen 2:2" into a search engine
        Sorry, no actual response at this stage
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Something must be happening every 7 days - third party software doing something for example. If the email is being delivered to the store and the email can be seen in OWA, then Exchange itself is working correctly - the problem is most likely outside of Exchange.

Simon.
          --
          Simon Butler
          Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
          More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
          Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
          In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

I understand you're new to exchange. However Is there anything you have found out. Could you also tell us what has been tried ?

There should at the very least be some warning event or erro in the event log about a service stopping. If there isnt, just a hunch are you using an Antivirus which also does VSAPI or rather scanning on the system store ?
            Please give points where appropriate

<I dont create ready scripts for you, but I'm willing to point you in the right direction>

Comment

We are using Trend Micro Anti virus software versioned 5.1 and build 1142. we dont even have any third party software installed in your system not even for performing backups and system monitoring. event information is avaiable but no such event is recorded as to any service stopped or any warning message. do advice what to look at to get rid of this problem.

till now we have checked the regional settings and policies. we do not have any scheduled backups running because we have not performed any backup scenario till now.
              Last edited by PHENOMENOL; 21st November 2009, 06:55.

Comment

Like I said it's a hunch, but since I'm not familiar with your configuration this is the best I can do

Does your antivirus check the mailstores as well ?(If you have no idea, go to the server and check the configuration options. It should say vsapi or something a little mre clear.)

Dont mind me saying, but isn't that really old antivirus. I believe the latest version is 10 or so..
                Please give points where appropriate

<I dont create ready scripts for you, but I'm willing to point you in the right direction>

Comment

Since we dont have any clue whats going on... Check if outlook is configured in cache mode.. configure Outlook in Online mode and then check..

Comment

Working...
                  X