Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new user get all domains in recipient policies

Hello all,

I have Exchange 2003 STD with 5 different domains that configured in recipient policies.

When I create a new user, under e-mail Adresses tab in AD I see that the user gets all the domains email that configured in recipient policies.

Is there a way to use only one or two that will be attached to a new user by deafult without delete them one by one after creation?

Thank Alot,

Roey.

Re: new user get all domains in recipient policies

Sure it's possible, you have to use the filter function of the recipient policies.

You have to configure several recipient policies with the different SMTP domains and attach a filter to each policy. The users which have to get the SMTP domains now have to fullfill the filter and voila they will get the SMTP addresses you want them to have.

Comment

Re: new user get all domains in recipient policies

To add to what FischFra said (which is good information):

1. Recipient Policies are applied in a top down order based on the priority number.

2. Only one Recipient Policy is applied to each user. The first one that matches (based on the filter) is the one that is applied and no further Recipient Policy processing is done for that user.

3. You need to create a Recipient Policy for each email address (domain) if you want to target which users get which email addresses.

4. You need to create a filter for each Recipient Policy that filters on only the users that you want each Recipient Policy to apply to.

5. The default Recipient Policy is a "special case" Recipient Policy and is applied to all users. The default Recipient Policy should wind up with the lowest priority number after you have created all of your other Recipient Policies.

Comment

Working...
      X