Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant rename folders in shared Mailbox

Hi there

I have added a shared mailbox to Outlook 2007 for a user and when they try to rename a folder then can but as soon at they close outlook and the open OUtlook the folder has reverted back tot he original name.

I have assigned the user mailbox rights and she has Full mailbox access and delete mailbox storage.

Any Ideas why she cant rename any folders? She can created folders but not rename.

I am using Exchange 2003 and Server 2003

Thanks in advance

Re: Cant rename folders in shared Mailbox

It sounds like a corrupt Outlook Profile. Try removing the profile and adding a new one from the Control Panel>Mail (Make sure you give it a different name like Outlook1). Before you remove her profile, you may want to save her Outlook.NK2 file which holds her auto complete information.

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Comment

Thanks for the reply I will give that ago today

Comment

Tried what you said and that did not work. Still have the same problem.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Which folders are they trying to rename, default folders like Inbox or self created ones?

Comment

Self Created folders

Comment

I have right clicked the shared mailbox in outlook

Properties > Permissions and Default Permission is Owner

When I right click the inbox and check the permission the default is Owner.

The folder that she is trying to change the default permission is set to None.

I have created a folder and when I check the permission of the folder its set to owner.

How do I set the other folders permission to owner without doing them one by one as there are alot of them.

EDIT: I have just manually changed the permission of one of the folders to owner then restarted outlook. Went back in and changed the name of the folder. Closed outlook and went back in and the name had reverted back. I then checked the permission and it is still set on owner?????

Thanks
              Last edited by msaunders26; 13th November 2009, 16:25.

Comment

You can create a parent folder and set permissions to that. Place all the shared folder in this parent folder. This effect all the subfolders for they will inherit the permissions.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...134811033.aspx

Just an idea: If your using cache mode, the persons sharing the Mailbox need access to the folder as well. Try removing the cache mode option or set the appropriate permissions to the user profile folder.

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Comment

Working...
                X