Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One email address to be assigned to two different mailboxes

Hi

In an exchange server 2003 how can I assign one email address to two different mailboxes (i.e two different user accounts) ?

I have got a client that is currently using a user account called "LMA" that got one email address associated to it , the email is : [email protected]

he decided to use another user account which is called : "LMA MANAGER " (more suitable to his position) which has one email address : [email protected] associated to it .

He asked me that he wants on his new user (LMA MANAGER) account to be able to receive emails that addressed to both email addresses : [email protected] and [email protected]

And in the same time emails addressed to : [email protected] to be delivered to his previous user account (LMA)

That means emails which are addressed to: [email protected] should be delivered to two different mailboxes (i.e two different user accounts, "LMA" & "LMA MANAGER")

How can I configure that ?

Thanks
    Last edited by zillah; 3rd November 2009, 11:51.

Re: One email address to be assigned to two different mailboxes

It's make more sense to just have 1 user account with 2 SMTP addresses, [email protected] being his primary.

If it HAS to go to two users, then forward the user that has the required SMTP address and tick "delivery messages to both forwarding address and mailbox". (In ADUC).

Comment

It's make more sense to just have 1 user account with 2 SMTP addresses, [email protected] being his primary.
      Since [email protected] was used by another user account (LMA) , I could not assigned this email address again to his new user account (LMA MANAGER).

then forward the user that has the required SMTP address and tick "delivery messages to both forwarding address and mailbox". (In ADUC).
      Could you please explain this again, I didn't get how to implement that.

Thanks

Comment

You could remove the SMTP address from the original account, this would then allow you to assign both to the single account.

To forward, go to ADUC, select the appropriate user and choose the "Exchange General" tab, then "delivery options".

Comment

Thanks ethis for your prompt response.

You could remove the SMTP address from the original account, this would then allow you to assign both to the single account.
          Yes you are right, I was aware of this configuration , if i use this configuration then I cannot deliver emails to two different mailboxes on the same time.

To forward, go to ADUC, select the appropriate user and choose the "Exchange General" tab, then "delivery options".
          Thanks for this snap shot

Comment

Have you considered giving the original account a different e-mail address then creating a mail group with the info:123.com e-mail address and assigning both accounts as member to that. mail will then be delivered to both accounts.

Comment

Have you considered giving the original account a different e-mail address then creating a mail group with the info:123.com e-mail address and assigning both accounts as member to that.
              This is also a good idea, I was not aware of it

Comment

Working...
              X