No announcement yet.

OWA keeps dropping out

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA keeps dropping out

I have set up OWA on our only exchange 2003 server. Works great but its quite temperamental. It drops out and does not come back online unless i restart the server. when it drops out it does not work with both local servername/exchange and external mail.domain/exchange.

there is hardly anything worth mentioning in the event logs.

any thoughts?

Re: OWA keeps dropping out

If it is just OWA that stops functioning and not all of Exchange, it's probably an IIS issue. Have you tried restarting just IIS or taken a look through those logs?

probably is.. when i resart it IIS it works but drops out after a few days. i have recreated all the folders in IIS.

The log path points to the file "\exyymmddhh.log" which does not seem to be in the folder.

IIS is usually rock solid, so something isn't quite right.
        I would suggest that you start by running the Exchange best practises tool against the server and ensure that it doesn't flag anything.

Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
        Exchange Resources List:
        In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

thats a handy tool.

came up with 2 critical errors relating to memory that could cause instability and a bunch of warnings..

will try it out and let you know how i go..

cheers for the heads up

i actioned the critical errors which required a few NIC driver updates and it seems to hold up now..

thanks simon..