Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 pop-up delayed write failed

Hi,
    I have a user getting a popup while already within her email (outlook 2007), she is running a laptop with
    3gb of memory,
    win XP w/SP2,
    users .pst files are stored on a storage NAS(yeah i know not recommended) but we have over 300 employees.

Exchange is 2003
    Exchange System
    Version: 6.5.7638.1
    front end and backend servers

Below is the attached image of the error, I have googled every aspect of the error and all resolves point to xp sp2 to install it, well user already has it and it is still happening.. any suggestions or resolve user is also a doman admin

This is only happening while the user is in her outlook
    Attached Files

Re: Outlook 2007 pop-up delayed write failed

It's going to be either a network issue between the user and the NAS or a problem on the NAS. How big is the pst file? why are you using pst files with Exchange?

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      It's going to be either a network issue between the user and the NAS or a problem on the NAS. How big is the pst file? why are you using pst files with Exchange?
      Users pst is 250mb, Unfortunitly we work in the pharmaceutical ins. and our users need to keep every email they have, but we have limits for the general users get 30mb mailboxes, this user is a domain admin, and can have up to 300mb mail store.

the user used to have it locally on her laptop, but moved it to her network share and the move was about 3 months ago, and this jsut starting happening about 3 weeks ago.

thanks
      JK

Comment

Your company has a policy (of keeping emails) and a restriction (mailbox size limits) that contradict each other. How do they expect you to operate?

"I need to do this as part of my job, but I'm not allowed because it's forbidden."

I know it's not your fault, but I wanted to point out that it's counter-intuitive.

Anyhoo, you could try troubleshooting the problem but my recommendation would be to move the pst file back to the local machine.

Also, I would recommend that if it's a company requirement to keep all emails that you look into an enterprise email archiving solution and get rid of the pst files altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
          Your company has a policy (of keeping emails) and a restriction (mailbox size limits) that contradict each other. How do they expect you to operate?

"I need to do this as part of my job, but I'm not allowed because it's forbidden."

I know it's not your fault, but I wanted to point out that it's counter-intuitive.

Anyhoo, you could try troubleshooting the problem but my recommendation would be to move the pst file back to the local machine.

Also, I would recommend that if it's a company requirement to keep all emails that you look into an enterprise email archiving solution and get rid of the pst files altogether.

Believe me its very frustrating to convince uppr mngt to see the light.
          I am going to recommend to the user to move the pst back locally and avoide the headaches..

thanks for the quick responses and the insight..
          jk

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
            X