Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replication

Hi,

i would like to install a remote exchange server for backup only.
    i would like to replicate the data (4 times a day)

the active exchange is 2003
    the remote exchange is 2003

Do i need a license for that ?

How do i configure it ?

Thanks,
    michael

Re: Replication

If I'm not mistaken you'll need a server license for it. Also, how do you plan on replicating the data and failing over if the need arises? Exchange Server 2003 doesn't have any capability to do that on it's own. You need third party software for that, like Doubletake.

Comment

Hi,

I would like only to replicate the emails.

In case of server failure i will have time to install it and get emails from backup.

Maybe replication is not a good idea. maybe there are services I can buy online ?

Comment

Exchange 2003 does not replicate emails nor does it replicate mailbox stores. If you want to replicate it you'll either need to buy some 3rd-party replication software, or migrate to Exchange 2007/2010.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by martfel View Post
          Hi,

I would like only to replicate the emails.

In case of server failure i will have time to install it and get emails from backup.

Maybe replication is not a good idea. maybe there are services I can buy online ?
          Something like this? Alternatively, as the others have said, use a 3rd party product like DoubleTake. This presents it's own challenges, as Exchange clusters have to be on the same subnet, so you'll need to use some sort of VPN bridge to have a remote DR server.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
          X