Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session"

Hi,

I have a user complaining of no access to his Outlook account. It would appear the user has reached his limit of connections to the server. Event Viewer reads:

... because it exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session".

MS explain how add a user to the "View information store status" (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842022) etc, and about increasing the Session count per user to the Exchange Server from the default 32.

Is this a suitable solution? To increase the user session limit? Do any of you increase this by default? when no other user has any problems.

The user was testing desktop software by removing and replacing the network cable, and would appear to have upset Outlook which has not closed its sessions properly with Exchange.

Thanks for any advise.

PaulG.

Re: exceeded the maximum of 32 objects of type "session"

Originally posted by pgudge View Post
    Hi,
    The user was testing desktop software by removing and replacing the network cable, and would appear to have upset Outlook which has not closed its sessions properly with Exchange.
    That'll usually do the trick. I have a customer where I see this a lot because they have docked laptops, and then go into meetings and use the wireless network, then re-dock etc etc. Exchange doesn't kill the sessions and it's easy to end up over the limit. We put them up to 64 sessions max to ease the problems, as trying to get the users to close Outlook before switching connections is like trying to french kiss a cobra.

Bouncing the information store clears the sessions and quickly gets everyone reconnected. If this is a rare occurrence I wouldn't bother doing anything, if it happens regularly and your users don't listen (like most!) then it might be worth upping the limit a bit to make things easier.

(Bonus point for recognising what game the cobra quote comes from )
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Thanks for the info! No idea on the game quote though

Comment

You can also use tcpview to kill the offending sessions without disconnecting everyone else by restarting the information store.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897437.aspx

Comment

Working...
        X