Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Server 2003 - outbound problem

Hi All,

We have a problem with our exchange outbound emails, most of them reach the recipient, some we get error messages, and some just wont deliver. the domain name is www.anticostone.com, We are not sure where to check for the problem, we got a new relay server from the ISP, do we need to set it up in exchange server? the relay is relay-mail.paetec.net. The MX record is on godaddy we believe.

Here is one of the error messages, for all the rest undeliverable we dont even get an error message:

rom: System Administrator
    Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 8:22 AM
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject
    : Undeliverable: RE: REVISED Business Card Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
    Subject: RE: REVISED Business Card
    Sent: 9/25/2009 8:22 AM
    The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
    [email protected] on 9/25/2009 8:22 AM
    There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
    <AnticoStone.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Too many recipients received this hour. Messages from your IP (74.11.172.90) have been throttled. Please contact [email protected] for more information.>
    There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
    <AnticoStone.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Too many recipients received this hour. Messages from your IP (74.11.172.90) have been throttled. Please contact [email protected] for more information.>

Can anyone please direct me in how to resolve it please? thanks.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lirank; 26th September 2009, 16:51.

Re: Exchange Server 2003 - outbound problem

Is this an SBS Server that Exchange is running on?
    Have you really installed Outlook on the Exchange Server?
    Is that SAV Server, Exchange version, or Client you have installed?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Just a thought, but out of respect for individual's privacy (and applicable legislation) you might want to remove (or obscure) the intended recipients' email addresses.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Moving to the Exchange forum where it will be better answered.

Comment

Looks like their mailservers are receiving too many emails per hour and are either reporting themas spam or just plain rejecting them.

As regards other non-descript bouncebacks:

We had this problem quite a lot with various ISP's..
          Do you have RDNS setup?

Even when we turned RDNS on, we still got 'some' bouncebacks. So we used our ISP's smtp smarthost, even then we had a few bouncebacks.
          Turned out that our static IP block assigned to us by our ISP was on a blacklist. The ISP had to get them removed.

Try checking to see if your public ip is on any blacklists.
          i use http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

I don't know if this will help or not., but good luck.

edit: just checked the domain tilemarket.fdn.com and it doesn't seem to be blacklisted.
          Last edited by k.jacko; 28th September 2009, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by lirank View Post
            Hi All,

We have a problem with our exchange outbound emails, most of them reach the recipient, some we get error messages, and some just wont deliver. the domain name is www.anticostone.com, We are not sure where to check for the problem, we got a new relay server from the ISP, do we need to set it up in exchange server? the relay is relay-mail.paetec.net. The MX record is on godaddy we believe.

Here is one of the error messages, for all the rest undeliverable we dont even get an error message:

rom: System Administrator
            Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 8:22 AM
            To: [email protected]; [email protected]
            Subject
            : Undeliverable: RE: REVISED Business Card Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
            Subject: RE: REVISED Business Card
            Sent: 9/25/2009 8:22 AM
            The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Can anyone please direct me in how to resolve it please? thanks.
            The clue is in the NDR.

5.5.0 smtp;550 Too many recipients received this hour. Messages from your IP (74.11.172.90) have been throttled. Please contact [email protected]

Appears they have you on some kind of blocklist.

Comment

Working...
            X