Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Merge pst file with exchange server using MAPI

hi,
    I have one pst file, i want to merge all the mailboxes in PST file into exchange server using MAPI.
    I used PR_SEARCH_KEY to compare pst file mails with exchange server mails, so that we can copy messages which are not present in the exchange server mailbox, but this approach fails to merge pst file with Exchange server mailbox.

Is there any options available in MAPI to merge pst file with Exchange server mailboxes.

Is PR_SEARCH_KEY unique in both pst mails and Exchange Server Mailbox mails?.

If not , then any other unique key is available for every individual mails in Exchange Mailbox. Also tell information about merging pst file with exchange server mailbox using any other approach.

reply the answer as quick as possible

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by marimuthu49; 18th September 2009, 12:45. Reason: Adding additional information

Re: How to Merge pst file with exchange server using MAPI

There is a tool called exmerge which comes quickly into mind, might be the one you are looking for.

Comment

Thanks FischFra,

I know that exmerge exe... Exmerge exe merge the mailboxes only User Level, but i need to merge folder level. Currently am internally doing the folder/mail level merg operations using MAPI...

For this approach any Suggestion.....

Comment

It isn't clear what you are trying to achieve.
        If you want to compare what is in a mailbox with a PST file, then I am not aware of any way to do that. The closest you would get is to import the complete PST file in to the mailbox then use a de-dupe tool for Outlook to remove the duplicate items. However that will not be 100% effective. Nothing automated can be.

Simon.
        --
        Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
        More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
        Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
        In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

Merging required when we face issue with multiple outlook pst files. We can easily join multiple outlook pst tool manually and automatic. Manual method take time so i used automated option because i had 55 PST files. Download same software from here [Mod edited out links]
          Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.
          Last edited by biggles77; 18th August 2017, 13:35. Reason: Remove commercial links.

Comment

i agree with Sembee. i dont understand what youre trying to achieve. to me, it sounds like youre trying to import a PST into everyone mailstore that contains some type of org related material that everyone needs access to...

this is what a public folder or a shared mailbox is for. you can assign permissions to allow everyone read this collection from their outlook pane. it will also prevent you from having to store the data in EVERY mailstore... that is a plus.

but that all depends on whether or not me or Sembee are hearing you correctly.
            its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
            Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Its a spammer picking up on an ancient thread to push some crap product....
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X