No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature

I have exchange server and within that exchange, I have 3 company that using the same FQDN.
    How can I make each one of them signature through the exchange?

as well each user will have his own signature.

Do you mean a signature at the bottom of each message?

I am not sure if you are asking the question I think you are asking, but I'll try to help sort it out.

What I think you are asking is, "How do I put a default signature at the bottom of each message sent by users on my Exchange server?"

The answer is:

1. There are commercial programs that will do it for you, but you have to pay. Also, I don't know how well they work, how much they cost, or if they cause any other problems with Exchange.

2. You can configure your Exchange server to send all outgoing mail through another SMTP server so as to force all outgoing mail to be SMTP instead of MAPI, and you have to do some Visual Basic scripting to add the desired signature to an SMTP event. If you are already sending all your mail through your ISPs outgoing mail server, this could be a solution for you. See Knowledge Base article 317327 at

3. You can do what I did today, and copy the signature file to each w/s as part of the LOGIN.BAT file, then point each instance of Outlook to that file under Tools, Options, Mail Format. I put the three signature files in a folder under NetLogon and added the following line to LOGIN.BAT:

IF NOT EXIST "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\AWDBTSig.txt" copy /v /y \\server1\netlogon\fixes\awdbtsig.* "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures\"

There are three signature files to be copied, a TXT, an HTM and an RTF version of the same signature.

In my case, I added an IRS Legal Disclaimer.
    Rex Derby

Hi Rex,

Thanks for your reply, looks professional

Is there eny way to plant at the Exchange server the signatures and not at the client side?

Signatures at Exchange server

If there is a way, I don't know what it is. It seems to me that the signatures are part of Outlook, not part of Exchange, so it all depends on where Outlook is searching for cfg files and other stuff to operate.

If you do put in signatures at individual workstations, keep in mind that you have to do it again for OWA, and if you do it for OWA the signatures are NOT automatically there for Outlook on the desktop.
        Rex Derby