Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clustering Exchange 2003

Hello,

I'd like to know if it's possible with two DC servers running windows 2003 enterprise to create an exchange 2003 cluster? It's two different servers with different hardware configurations and they aren't connected on a common storage disk array, so I thank I could use the network load balancing service (NLBS) which is available on windows 2003 enterpise. Sound like a good idea or not? I know it's not a good idea to have DC+Exchange on the same server, but it's only for a few mailboxes, it's not for an enterprise, just for me and a few friends.

NLB is not clustering! You can use NLD for servers that host static content such as FTP, HTTP and perhaps file servers. Exchange servers need to have distinct identities, and you cannot use NLB for them.

If you want clustering, make sure you follow Microsoft's guides, including the shared storage, identical hardware, 2 NICs and so on.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Originally posted by danielp
      If you want clustering, make sure you follow Microsoft's guides, including the shared storage, identical hardware, 2 NICs and so on.
      http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...a23e1faee.mspx
      Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
      HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
      the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your answears !

Cya

Comment

Working...
        X