Public Folder monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Folder monitor

Does anybody know of a product/script etc that would monitor the public folder tree in exchange and alert via an email when someone creates a new one.

Thx
    ________
    KTM 400XC-W
    Last edited by Richie; 19th January 2011, 19:45.

Are you having trouble with people creating public folder items without asking first?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Not really Tony, but if we adopt a policy that allows certain people to create public folders, i want to know what and when. Some will need mail enabling and permissions adjusted.

Thx
      ________
      Ducati 851

Comment

Makes more sense to lock them down and if someone needs one added then they have to raise the request with yourself to get one added and you can adjust permissons etc then

Unless there is the capacity for loads to be created.

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

2 Reasons Michael, one is we only have limited IT resources available, and getting bogged down in request for public folder creation is not ideal,and two, yes, there may be a requirement for many folders to be created quickly and on the fly.

Haven't yet decided how to police it but if there was a monitoring tool available it would at least give me some options.

Thx
          ________
          BMW R80

Comment

Working...
          X