No announcement yet.

OMA comes up with BLANK white screen

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMA comes up with BLANK white screen

OK, I've gone around in circles so much, I look like a puppy who has just discovered his tail. I'm getting dizzy.

I've read and followed all the articles on configuring Exchange 2003, ActiveSync and OMA on a Windows 2003 server. My eventual goal is to get ActiveSync on a PocketPC 2003 device to sync with an Exchange 2003 server. But first, I am advised to make sure that OMA is operational.

It would seem to be, until immediately after entering name, password and domain. After that, my IE 6 browser (with the latest updates) gets the following address "https://CORRECT.FQDN.COM/oma/(bvcunx55qahrr545u45qd4r0)/oma.aspx" (substituted for the correct name) - which seems to indicate that OMA is working - but the page is a big white blank.

Yes, that's correct, a page full of nothing. No further logon or request for password, no nothing. Just a page with the following nothing for source code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>

If I could get ActiveSync to work with the PDA, I wouldn't worry about it, but I can't get it to work either.

I've read the article on how to test if OMA is working, but nothing is said about what to do if it is NOT working.

So, ideas please. And a few words of comisseration would be nice too. I've been alone, crying in my Mountain Dew and chewing on cold pizza for TOO long.
    Rex Derby

Talking to myself

Hey, I'm posting my own reply.

I just thought someone else might like to know what the solution to this weird problem is, since I stumbled across the fix on my own.

Twice now I've had weird errors with OMA. Once with a blank white screen, and again with OMA appearing to log on properly but then declaring that there were problems for which I should contact my administrator and a link that said "Home" that reloaded the page, asked for login again, and got you right back where you started.

One of these days, I'd like to catch Bill Gates in a dark alley without his bodyguards so I could explain to him properly how much we HATE messages that are so helpful when you ARE the System Administrator.

In both cases, I re-installed the Update for Windows Server 2003: KB831464 , applied Exchange 2003 SP1, and followed up with the Update for Exchange 2003 (KB 883543).

After applying the updates and SP1, OMA came back as advertised.
    Rex Derby

Thanks for sharing!

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services