Domain name = my-domain.com
    DNS:: host A mail.my-domain.ca point to 192.168.1.3
    MX record defined

SERVER2::
    Win 2k3 R2
    ip: 192.168.1.3

installtion steps:

1. join SERVER2 to domain
    2. install Exch 2k3+SP2 ( just run setup.exe)

so far so good, no errors, all services seems to be started properly and no errors in eventlog.

Both dcdiag.exe and netdiag.exe passed without errors on both SERVER1 and SERVER2.

but from this point i have no ideea how to add an mail addres to users defined in DC....

after finished installtion on server2, on DC from server1, 2 new groups were created: EXCH DOMAIN SERV and EXCH ENT SERV, but still no option to create mailbox for defined users in DC.

P.S. on another test machine wich is also a DC i mange to install echange and make it works flawellsss ( even to create a CA to enable SSL for OWA )

Re: howto install exchange 2k3 on member server

!! Solved !!

Comment

Would you care to tell us how, or will we be left in suspense?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

in order to enable EXCHANGE tabs in DC ,

1. login to DC not the member server.

2. you have to start setup.exe from exchange cd, choose CUSTOM option not TYPICAL and select only MS Exchange System Management Tools.

And thatís it; you should be able see additional Exchange tabs under users accounts in the DC console.

Comment

This is the process if you want to get Exchange Management Tools on any server or workstation that has DSA.msc (Active Directory Users and Groups snap-in) that doesn't have Exchange actually installed on it.
          GoogleFu is strong with this one ^

Comment

Working...
          X