Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advices:configuring Exchange 2003 to work with external hosted company site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advices:configuring Exchange 2003 to work with external hosted company site

Hello.

I've looked in several forums and read some whitepapers but I haven't managed to solve a particular situation. I'm helping out a friend of mine with the following context:

- SBS 2003 with Exchange installed and in which only some users have a corporate email ( domain mainsrv.local )
    - Corporate email and site are hosted externally on the ISP ( eg company.com ), which provides POP3 and SMTP support ( both servers are mail.company.com ) with basic authentication for SMTP server.

He intends to setup Exchange in order to:
    - If it is an internal email, the received email from other user inside the company should have only the username, eg JohnSmith
    - For those who have an external e-mail, they should be able to receive from the ISP (ie from [email protected] ) and to send, in this case transmitting the corporate email ( [email protected] ).

I've tried to:
    - Define mail.company.com for those email that Exchange is not able to deliver in the default recipient policy
    - Create an extra SMTP connector for the site with a higher cost
    - And create a POP3 connector with the disadvantage of getting mail only in periods os 15 minutes ( I've tried to activate the undocumented flag ScheduleAccelerator but it doesn't seem to be working )

I'm getting strange things:
    - If I send an internal email, the sender always gets @company.com, ie, I receive from the user John Smith I received from [email protected] instead of JohnSmith only
    - The emails to the web, once it goes from [email protected] (which doesn't exist), other times goes from [email protected]
    - People that receive the email in other companies see internal users followed by @company.com

What am I doing wrong? What can I do to solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X