How do I set up NNTP on Exchange 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I set up NNTP on Exchange 2000

I am relatively new to Exchange and am unsure how to setup a news server through Exchange. I would appeciate any assistance that you can give me.

NNTP is already wet up on E2K. What exactly do you want to do?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Exchange

I want to configure a news server that all the employees can use.

Comment

This is well out of my league but I think you have to get your ISP to set up a news feed to your server if you want external groups.

Beware -- you are opening a major can of worms re content and volume of data if you do this!

If its purely for internal use, I recommend public folders as a far simpler solution.

Tom
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Actually you don't need to talk to your ISP, all you need to do (for most ISPs I know) is to configure yourself as a partner. See my site for more info.

http://www.petri.com/configure_newsg...ntp_server.htm
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Thanks, Daniel -- I may well try that.
            I've been put off newsgroups by the hassles connecting to other servers, as well as poor retention times, but if I take a few myself, it will make my life easier <g>

Tom
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X