NDR question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDR question

I have a user who is telling me tons of people sending him emails are getting NDR's, I cant contact his clients to get the exact info because they cant be bothered blah blah blah. I check the Exchange Message Tracking and I see the message

Message Categorized and Queued for Routing
    Non Deliver Report (NDR) generated

How can I tell why this person is getting a NDR, this sender is able to send to other people on my domain with no issues. I can't get any info from this sender either
    Be easy on me, I'm here to learn

Re: NDR question

If you email him from an external address, do you get an NDR?

Do you have any filtering in place?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I am able to email from external address with no issues, just this one address, who can send to other users in my organization. Does Exchange log the NDR it sends?

No filtering in place

Comment

What version/edition/SP of Exchange?

Regarding how to get clues from Exchange, Google will have some suggestions - without knowing the version it might be difficult to give a more specific answer than that...
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Sorry totally forgot to include that, I always try Google first, I usually a forum posting as a last ditch effort

Windows SBS 2003 Standard w/ SP2 (Exchange is patched to SP2)

Comment

Without knowing what the NDR is, it is impossible to know what the issue is.
            Some logging of the NDR may take place in the event viewer. If the user is getting complaints though, get someone who has complained to send a copy of the NDR to you.

I presume you have checked the user hasn't exceed their mailbox size and the messages are being rejected for that reason?

Simon.
            --
            Simon Butler
            Exchange MVP

Blog: http://blog.sembee.co.uk/
            More Exchange Content: http://exchange.sembee.info/
            Exchange Resources List: http://exbpa.com/
            In the UK? Hire me: http://www.sembee.co.uk/

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Comment

they are halfway to there 6GB limit, so not even close. Plus only this one sender gets the NDR

Comment

Originally posted by brcmadmin View Post
                Plus only this one sender gets the NDR
                I'm confused. Your first post stated that this was happening to many senders.

Have you confirmed that this sender is using the correct address?

Do other users on that sender's domain experience this problem if they try?
                Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
                X