No announcement yet.

exchange 2003 tools

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange 2003 tools

i have exchange server 2003 sp 2 on windows 2003 sp2 server..

I wanted to know if there was a tool that can show how many of my users are in exchange cached mode..

thanks to all who respond

Re: exchange 2003 tools

Do you mean how many users are using Outlook in cached Exchange mode? If so, this is an Outlook setting, not an Exchange setting. Chances are you can't do this from Exchange.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Yeah, I think this is one for the Outlook forums rather than Exchange.

Info here suggests it might be possible to do some sort of script to query the registry on your clients, that's way out of my level of expertise though. I do know that Outlook 2003 and higher selects cached exchange mode by default, so unless the person who configured the clients turned it off there's a good chance they're all in cached mode.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      Cruachan's Blog

Exinsight will tell you real time whether the connection is in cached mode or not.

However the information isn't stored by Exchange, so getting historical information isn't possible.

Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
        Exchange Resources List:
        In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Thank you thank you thank you