No announcement yet.

exchange 2003 web outlook issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exchange 2003 web outlook issue

i have exchange server 2003 sp 2 ent edition running on server 2003 sp2

my issue is with IE8.. when users try to goto weboutloo with IE8 they get into the site after they login and their inbox never loads.. it just says "loading" in the main window.. on the staus bar it states.. "Paged loaded with errors"

here is the error message.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; MS-RTC EA 2; InfoPath.2; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
    Timestamp: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:41:14 UTC

Line: 268
    Char: 4
    Code: 0

the site works fine in firefox but not in IE8.. worked fine in IE 7... Exchange server also has IE8...

Any ideas??? its killing my remote users..
    thanks to all who reply..

Re: exchange 2003 web outlook issue

What have you tried?

Google shows that this is a common problem - did you search? for example suggests trying using IE 8's Compatibility mode.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Install the Exchange best practice analyser and see what patch level you're exchange is on. You need to ensure you have the latest updates installed for OWA. Also type systeminfo at the command prompt on you're exchange box and see if KB924334 is present. If not it wont hurt to install it as iv seen this issue before with deployments using IE7.

do i get updates for OWA from windows updates?? i have sp2 installed..

Have a look here, there seems to be a workaround for this.

It seems OWA does not like IE8.

MCP 2003, XP, MCP Exchange 2003, Sonicwall CSSA, ITIL V3

Well, i have exchange server 2003 and using IE8 with no problems. Can be a issue with english version? i use portuguese version of everything and works ok. Anyway i had similar problems with IE8 but other software, specialy Pelsk Software, i have to put IE8 in compatability mode to see the control panel correctly.

Windows Update will not show you Exchange patches - Microsoft Update will. However running the best practises tool will tell you if you are missing an update.

Simon Butler
              Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
              Exchange Resources List:
              In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.