No announcement yet.

Exmerge Scripts

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exmerge Scripts

Does anyone have any tips for creating scripts to Exmerge all mailboxes from a W2K exchange server into individual PST files and subsequently hide the mailboxes from the GAL.

Forgot this valuable bit of information: W2K server running Exchange 2000

Last edited by SoftPops; 28th July 2009, 15:16. Reason: Add extra information

Re: Exmerge Scripts

I don't know about hiding mailboxes from the GAL in a script, but you can certainly script ExMerge. Google tells you how.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Exmerge Scripts

Many thanks for the info gforceindustries, pointed me in right direction for getting my mailboxes =ExMerged.

For info:

The following can be used to hide a mailbox and prevent it being used for send/receive.

Obj-Class,Directory Name,Hide from AB,DXA-Task,Use IS Defaults,Admin Note
      Mailbox,<mailbox name>,1,1,0,<administrative note>
      <list of all maiboxes required>
      Mailbox,<mailbox name>,1,1,0,<administrative note>
      Save as a text file and import to exchange using Exchange Administrator, Tools, Directory Import