Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replicating Security Permissions

Guys,

When you create a new AD user and exchange account is there any way to replicate the security permissions straight away.

I.e. You add enterprise admins, domains admins etc etc to automatically have access to all users mail boxes. When you create a new account the permissions are just 'Self' untill they replicate down.

Is there any way to force the permissions to update on the new account straight away.

Sorry if you dont have a clue what the hell I am on about

Thanks

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

if you have only one dc, run gpupdate (windows 2003) or secedit (windows 2000).
    if you have more then one dc run gpupdate (windows 2003) or secedit (windows 2000) and then go to active directory sites and services>sites>default first site name>servers>"server name">ntds settings.
    in the left side right click on the other server and choose replicate now.
    Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
    HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Originally posted by shai tsanani
      if you have more then one dc run gpupdate (windows 2003) or secedit (windows 2000) and then go to active directory sites and services>sites>default first site name>servers>"server name">ntds settings.
      Ahhhh - Makes sence when you think about it.

I already tried the replication but didn't think about gpupdate / secedit

Thanks

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by shai tsanani
        Ahhhh - Makes sence when you think about it.

I already tried the replication but didn't think about gpupdate / secedit

Thanks

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

Very new to this site and MS Exchange 2003

I got this topic while searchin the webiste.
          I am new to this, I have the same problem, and I have done as per "shai tsanani's" recommendation.

But still the user ID created in the AD on the Exchange Server still has only one user account = Self.

Any ideas, I have two DC's and One Exchange 2003 server migrated from Exchange 2000.

Any ideas, it would be helpfull..

thanks in advance

nv

Comment

Working...
          X