No announcement yet.

send-as simply will not go away

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• send-as simply will not go away

Ok here's a nice, fun one.

We're only a small company, and very technically oriented.. and almost all our users (anyone who started prior to me, anyway) are domain admins, and the partners are happy enough with that. (i'm working on it...)

However - this causes an issue with Exchange, in that they can send as whoever they want, and based on entries in my event log, it seems to be happening occasionally, probably as a mistake.

I want to be able to turn this off.. and I've read numerous posts and followed directions.. and when I check 'effective permissions' for myself, or for any other user, it shows that I don't have send-as permissions.
    Yet I still can.

I must be missing something silly.

I also thought that it should be possible for Mailbox administrators (or, more definitively, the partners,) to be granted permission to view any mailbox on a global level..

Is there a quick way I can do this, rather than just applying 'read' permissions to everything using PFDAV ?
    Attached Files
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: send-as simply will not go away

If the server is not fully patched with all post SP2 updates, then Send As permissions are also granted to anyone with Full Mailbox Access. This was corrected in post SP2 updates.

You need to go through the permissions on one user account carefully and see what permissions group and users have. Pay close attention to Send As/Receive As and Ful Mailbox Access.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.