No announcement yet.

My e-mail disclaimer program is preventing the backup

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My e-mail disclaimer program is preventing the backup

My e-mail disclaimer program is preventing the backup from completing succesfully on Exchange 2003. The disclaimer program is called exclaimer 3.05. My backup logs have indicated that the disclaimer program is blocking the backup from completing succesfully. There is a microsft knowledge base article on this
    but the article suggests to remove the program from the server or turn off the e-mail disclaimer component of the program but obviously this is not ideal. Does anybody know of a way around this, perhaps a way to shut down the program while the backup is running. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

try to use a third party backup program such as veritas backup exec 10
    with agent for microsoft exchange and open file option.

i think that you can install this program for 60 days evaluation.
    Good Luck

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Backup of exchange not complete

Yes, it's true that if you install Backup Exec and refrain from installing serial numbers, you get ALL the features for a 60 day trial. That includes the Exchange agent. Try it to see if your problem goes away.

The next thing you might try is issuing a NET STOP statement before you begin the backup, as in:

net stop "Backup Exec Agent Browser" > nul

I don't think you can issue Pre- and Post- job commands using Windows Backup, but Backup Exec includes the capability to run a one-liner before and after a job. By including all your desired commands in a batch file, you can do more than one line.

This is also useful for doing off-liine backups. You can shut down all the services that cause errors in the backup. You can also shut down SQL, Exchange, and other databases during the backup. Then after the backup is complete, you can start the services again with another batch file, or you can reboot the server with a shutdown command. Be sure your server won't boot to a floppy or CD if you want to reboot automatically.

Good luck.

Rex Derby