Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Folder store in Active/Active

Hi,

I've created an Active\Active cluster for Exchage 2k3, with two seperate iHi,

I've created an Active\Active cluster for Exchage 2k3, with two seperate instances of EVS, both in EMS. The instances point to seperate nodes.

My problem is that I can only create 1 public folder store, the other EVS simply says that "All the public folder trees already have an associated public store on this server". I'm then asked to create a tree for this EVS, but a public forlder tree is General Purpose and therefore not visible in Outlook. This is no good as I was intending to replicate Public Folders between the 2 EVS so that Privs on each could use their public folder.

Is there something I'm missing here? Have I not set the EVS up properly so that they are still viewed as a single server. I've followed numerous articles to the letter (I swear!) with each instance setup but still no joy.
    Oh for a bit o9f background, we are doing this to make the most of our hardware as with A/P we simply have a server sitting there doing nothinstances of EVS, both in EMS. The instances point to seperate nodes.

My problem is that I can only create 1 public folder store, the other EVS simply says that "All the public folder trees already have an associated public store on this server". I'm then asked to create a tree for this EVS, but a public forlder tree is General Purpose and therefore not visible in Outlook. This is no good as I was intending to replicate Public Folders between the 2 EVS so that Privs on each could use their public folder.

Is there something I'm missing here? Have I not set the EVS up properly so that they are still viewed as a single server. I've followed numerous articles to the letter (I swear!) with each instance setup but still no joy.
    Oh for a bit o9f background, we are doing this to make the most of our hardware as with A/P we simply have a server sitting there doing nothing for most of the year.

Thanks
    Mat
Working...
X