Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't receive from external address

Hello,

I've finished the setup of exchange 2003 on windows server 2003. but I am facing a problem, that i cant receive any email from external domain.

I could send out email to external domain. Only Can't receive email from external domain. I am testing with hotmail.

I checked the mx record in www.dnstoolbox.com and the result is correct. I really confuse what is wrong.

following is the reply email from hotmail.

thanks and regards,

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Unable to deliver message to the following recipients, due to being unable to connect successfully to the destination mail server.

[email protected]

Re: can't receive from external address

I take it port 25 is open on your router and pointing to your internal MTA? Can you telnet on 25 from the internet to your gateway?

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
      I take it port 25 is open on your router and pointing to your internal MTA? Can you telnet on 25 from the internet to your gateway?
      i'd reckon you're on the nose with this suggestion....
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Is the name of the AD domain identical to the DNS name of your organization? If not, did you set up a proper Recipient Policy.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for your all help.
          Now I can telnet with port 25 to the server from internet and can send/receive email. The issue was the NAT in my router.

regards,

Comment

Working...
          X