How to prevent certain Public Folders from being added to Favorites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to prevent certain Public Folders from being added to Favorites

We using Public Folders extensively for project email filing, I'd like to prevent users from adding the top level and possibly sub level folders to favorites and force them to be more selective, adding a top level folder will result in a lot of network traffic and probably a crashed machine due to disk space running out.

The very top level folder "All Public Folders" has "Add to Favorites" greyed out when you right click, I'd like to find out how this is done and put this setting on other folders.

Exchange 2003 SP2.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: How to prevent certain Public Folders from being added to Favorites

You can only drag Top Level PFs to the Favorites, and not the entire PF Tree.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I'm looking to stop the top level folders from being dragged too, as the contents below any one of these can be huge, so I want to set a top level folder and possibly folders below this, so that they cannot be added to favorites.

Comment

I don't think there's an answer for that (unless someone knows otherwise). However, such a thing can and should be prevented by proper education of the end users.

Also, why not take a look here:

http://www.petri.com/outlook-cache-m...n-problems.htm
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
        X