No announcement yet.

Exchange 2003 to

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 to

Hello to everyone!

I am trying to send e-mail to any address using Exchange 2003 SP1, and it just sits in the queue because AOL is rejecting it. I have narrowed down the problem down to a possible PTR record issue (their spam software requires it), because my domain is not what is listed in the PTR. I use as an ISP, and a reverse DNS lookup on my IP gives a "" answer, not my domain.

-- My IP does have a PTR record, but does that record have to match my domain name to not be rejected by AOL's servers?

-- If so, what do I need to change or whom do I have to talk to get the PTR record changed to reflect my domain name?

I was using a my previous ISP's SMTP server as a smart host and I was able to set up an SMTP connector to route mail through the smart host, but my current ISP only uses web-based e-mail, and does not give me an SMTP server to relay through. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much in advance!

You need to speak with yours ISP and to ask him that he has created PTR record in a reserve zone on the dns servers your IP your FQDN.