Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new users cannot connect to exchange 2003 mailbox

Friends,

I have two different exchange servers both are running exchange enterprise 2003. When a user is created, his mailbox will also be created automatically when he logs on for hte first time.

Today i found the new users cannot login bcz their mailboxes are not created. But hte old users can log in as usual.

So i created users in my second Server and move mailboxes to the first one and bypassed the problem.

But why the mailboxes are not created in the first server and why the users cannot login?

Re: new users cannot connect to exchange 2003 mailbox

Hi rprabuc,
    1. Whether do u received any error while creating User?
    2. Did the user account created sucessfully without mailbox. Because u have mentioned that Created user but without Mail box. In this case the user can able to Login into his System. You only cannot able to configure the mail.

Mailbox creation will not mingle with User Login. If the User ID created even without mailbox he can Login into his system.

Am i right!

Thanks

Comment

Hi Rprabuc,

But why the mailboxes are not created in the first server and why the users cannot login?

Ans>) Because Recipient update service is not stamping email address on your first server thats the reason mailboxes are not getting created.

So when you create user with mailbox make sure email address is getting stamped...)

Let me know the status so that i can archive the case

Comment

It is better to restart the some exchange services such as event, system attendend, site replication service after you created the user.

Comment

Working...
        X