Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to allow a user receive a copy of all incoming/outgoing emails..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to allow a user receive a copy of all incoming/outgoing emails..

How do you setup a user to have the ability to receive all incoming/outgoing emails, like a copy of everything..for security purposes...what is this called in exchange? better yet how about only allowing a user to receive a copy of all incoming/outgoing thats not destined for our specific local company email like acme.com, so i dont care if people email each other internally but i want to get a copy of all emails that get sent out to different domains through exchange out to internet land..

Re: how to allow a user receive a copy of all incoming/outgoing emails..

It is called Journalling and (in Exchange 2003) is turned on or off on a mailbox store basis.

If you need more fine control, either look at upgrading to Exchange 2007 or a 3rd party tool -- PolicyPatrol offers archiving, as does one of the GFI products
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

ok so journaling would allow lets says a supervisor to a department to get a copy of everyones email that gets sent and received..

Comment

Yes, it would allow that but take note that there can be only one journaling mailbox per mailbox store and it will receive a copy of ALL emails sent in to or out of that mailbox store. there isn't any more granular control then that in Exchange 2003 without using a third party product.

Comment

ok so if i wanted a supervisor lets say [email protected] to get a copy of specific emails destined for *@xyz.com or coming from *@xyz.com that are being sent & from users at acme.com , i would have to use a 3rd party like GFI, because journaling captures all emails coming in & out , where im trying to get copies of a domains specific address...

Comment

That's correct.

Comment

ok one more question...what if i wanted to monitor not email addresses but flag when a specific word was in a message like "hot sauce", then it would send a copy to a supervisor...is this possible?

Comment

Not natively in 2003
                Look at some custom programming or 3rd party -- have a look at PolicyPatrol or similar
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                X