Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mails being deliverd to Blackberry but gets deleted in inbox randomly mails

Hi All,

I'm having a serious issue in my organization.

Server 2003, Exchange 2003 , BES blackberry , blackberry bold 9000

the problem is that one of our employees receive mails to his blackberry but they are not appearing in the inbox, i went to OWA and found them on the deleted items of the inbox (not deleted items folder), like he shift+delete them.

if i try to recover those mails using the OWA , i see it returns to the inbox and after 30 sec - 1 min they get shift deleted again.
    i managed to move some of those mails fast but couldnt do it for all.
    some stay some go back to the deleted....
    i tried to build a new user and outlook profile , deleted the OST created a new one , but that didnt solve anything.
    now im configuring a new computer for him but i cant see how it will help but im gonna try anyway.
    half of the company have blackberry and no one reports this issue.

on AD he doesnt have any Account mail restriction or forwards of any kinds.

there are no rules inside the outlook, there are no filters on the blackberry.
    it is very random and i cant find a pattern that leads to this, need to say that he see the rest of his mails with no problem on outlook/BB.

*we have an antispam - from my checking i see that the message went through , i see it on message tracking in exchange .

i will appreciate any help given

thanks in advance,

Liran.
    Last edited by wolff68; 8th June 2009, 14:10.

Re: Mails being deliverd to Blackberry but gets deleted in inbox randomly mails

Hi wolff68,

I'm guessing you tried some, if not all of the below:

-Wipe handheld, delete BB account along with bb info stored in mailbox, reactivate
    -Review email rules on Blackberry
    -Review Sync rules in Blackberry Desktop Manager to make sure deleting on BB does not delete in mailbox
    - Test Outlook in Online mode to see if this reoccurs

Looking forward to seeing the resolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazaroid View Post
      Hi wolff68,

I'm guessing you tried some, if not all of the below:

-Wipe handheld, delete BB account along with bb info stored in mailbox, reactivate
      -Review email rules on Blackberry
      -Review Sync rules in Blackberry Desktop Manager to make sure deleting on BB does not delete in mailbox
      - Test Outlook in Online mode to see if this reoccurs

Looking forward to seeing the resolution.
      thank you for replying
      i will try and wipe the handheld and reactivate the BB and see what will happen, will generate a service book to be sent to the BB.
      there are no rules on blackberry , only filters - but none are present.

i do not use the blackberry desktop manager , i have a blackberry enterprise server here. bes not bis.

the blackberry do recive the mails the inbox not , i will delete the handheld and report the progress.

Comment

Wiping the handheld didnt help , i am more and more thinking that it is our antispam , outlook antispam , or the exchange anti spam ...

anyone knows how to check the settings for the outlook embedded spam and the exchange settings?

thank you.

Comment

Spam doesn't go to the Deleted Items folder unless the client is in cached mode and working offline and the Junk E-mail option is set to delete them in Outlook so I don't think it's an anti-spam setting. Also the Junk E-mail setting to permanently delete spam is not the default setting in Outlook. You could look at the setting but I don't think that's it.

Exchange with the IMF doesn't delete email that it flags as spam when it passes the email to the mailbox (based on the Store threshhold), it puts it in the Junk E-mail folder. Email that gets flagged as spam based on the Gateway threshhold doesn't get delivered to the mailbox at all.

Try starting Outlook from the run command like this: outlook.exe /cleanrules

This will clean all rules including the default hidden rules and any corrupted rules that may not be visible in Outlook.

Comment

it was the spam settings on outlook 2007 set to permanently delete mails that marked as spam....

a day and half passed and the problem seems to be fixed.

i will report if anything changes.

Comment

Working...
            X