No announcement yet.

Decomissioned Exchange 2003 Server still appears in the 'create mailbox' wizard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decomissioned Exchange 2003 Server still appears in the 'create mailbox' wizard

Hello,
    A few months ago, I migrated an Exchange 2003 Server to a new one (hardware upgrade) and then removed the old one

I followed all the steps from the docs. At the end of the process I properly uninstalled Exchange from the old server before shutting it down.
    Functionally everything is OK, the old server doesn't show up in the Exchange System Administrator anymore.

I just have a small issue. When I create a new AD user, in the 'Crate an Exchange mailbox' tab the old server still shows up in the server list.
    If I select that old serveur, in the mailbox store list it just shows 'Private Information Store'

It's not a big deal, I just have to make sure I select the new server and then everything is fine. But it's annoying to always have this reference to the old server.

Anyone knows how to remove that server from the list?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Decomissioned Exchange 2003 Server still appears in the 'create mailbox' wizard

When you say that you followed the docs, which ones are you referring to? There are currently 3,016,857,002,345,101,228,516 docs on the internet, of which .00000027% pertain to removing Exchange, which is a lot of docs.

Seriously though, can you tell us what documents you followed so that we have some idea of what needs to be done. It might be as simple as cleaning things up in AD but without knowing what process you used we'd all just be making educated guesses.

Comment

Working...
    X