No announcement yet.

Exchange archiving solutions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange archiving solutions

Hi, im looking into an email archive solutions as part of my project proposal and wonder if its feasible. therefore, am seeking some professional advice here.

Im currently running ex2k on a very old server and plans to migrate over to a new server with win2k3 and ex2k3. the new server proposed will be running on raid1 and raid 5 respectively and will have a centralized db of user's mailboxes. (2x80GB) for o/s mirroring so as to reduce downtime on hdd failure. the other (3x173GB) for raid 5 fault tolerent on the exchange DB.

to maintain an archive of emails for about 3-5 years worth of emails for safekeeping purposes. no of users = 80-100

email flowchart of proposed solution

internet>incoming email>centralized exc database>
    1)user mailboxes.
    2)shadowed centralized exc database

whilst user had deleted their mails from their mailbox, my shadowed centralized DB will still have those original incoming and outgoing mail.

-Understand that to achieve the above, i may need to get an email archiver program eg:gelato.

1) but can i know if its possible to have a remote mirrored db in a NAS box?

2) I have another email gateway server doing filtering of emails and forwarding to my exc server, will that cause any implications on my proposed solutions.

3) with OWA enable, will i still be able to retain an original copy of the email db even when users delete mail from their mailboxes.

Had seen a handful of views but no replies as yet. Perhaps guys, maybe you can drop me opinions on yr end so we could discuss openly in this thread ya? many thanks