No announcement yet.

trouble accessing OMA or OWAADMIN

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trouble accessing OMA or OWAADMIN

Hello experts,
    I'm having problems in using OMA on exchange 2003, but I do not have problems in using OWA...
    Allow me to give you some data:
    Exchange Server (standard) 2003 with SP1.
    OWA (works fine)

The problem:
    when I try to access OMA https://servername/oma I get two kind of errors (depends if I try from the local server(exchange) or from a computer in the network.
    Access from exchange server to https://localhost/oma

Server Error in '/OMA' Application.

Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\oma\55aaeb43\5ef66257" is denied.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\oma\55aaeb43\5ef66257" is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\oma\55aaeb43\5ef66257" is denied.]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +393
    System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path) +632
    System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFi rstTimeInit(HttpContext context) +85
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.Ensu reFirstTimeInit(HttpContext context) +97
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.GetP reservedAssemblyEntry(HttpContext context, String virtualPath, Boolean fApplicationFile) +29
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemFro mPreservedCompilation() +91
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInt ernal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) +148
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWit hNewConfigPath() +125
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApp licationType(String inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +171
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplicati on(HttpContext context) +43
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationIn stance(HttpContext context) +170
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(Http WorkerRequest wr) +414

Server Error in '/OMA' Application.

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>

The same errors apear if I try to access OWAADMIN, but they don't apear if we use OWA...

Do you have any suggestions? If you need any other info please let me know

I think i remember having the same problem. You need to access the site as an exchange admin (or enterprise admin or something with all the powers of the world! i cant remember!). Try using the domain admin account.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

already tried success...
      I'm reading now on google groups...there might be a problem with the only difference is they use a win 2000 server...Microsoft is stating in the owaadmin readme file that you have to register .aspx is not my case...I'm using 2003