Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error installing Exchange Server 2003 SP2

Hi,

When trying to install Exchange Server 2003 SP2 on my Exchange servers, I get the following error:

Multiple components connot be assigned the requested action(s) because:
    - The local domain configuration is not up-to-date. You must run setup with the "DomainPrep" switch within the domain. If you have already done this with the current version of Setup, then you must wait for replication to complete. Consult your documentation for details.

We have the following environment:
    • Windows 2003 domain
    • 3 Exchange 2003 servers (1 FE, 2BE), Windows Server 2003 SP2
    Questions:
    1. I'm sure /DomainPrep is used during installation, can/must I use /DomainPrep again without mean consequenses?
    2. What is "you must wait for replication to complete". Can I check replication or must I do this manually?
    3. Is there an other solution for this problem?
    Kenneth

Re: Error installing Exchange Server 2003 SP2

Update:

I ran Best Practices Analyzer Tool and get the following Critical Issue:

Exchange doain container problem
    Active Directory domain "xxx"appears to be prepared for Exchange but the "Microsoft Exchange System Objects" container has either been moved or renamed. Container found: CN=Microsoft Exchange System Objects,CN=Program Data,DC=xxx, DC=local

Possible that the /DomainPrep was not completely executed?

Comment

Could be. Running DomainPrep again won't do any harm. You can force replication in AD Dites & Services if you don't want to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by knet View Post
        Update:

I ran Best Practices Analyzer Tool and get the following Critical Issue:

Exchange doain container problem
        Active Directory domain "xxx"appears to be prepared for Exchange but the "Microsoft Exchange System Objects" container has either been moved or renamed. Container found: CN=Microsoft Exchange System Objects,CN=Program Data,DC=xxx, DC=local

Possible that the /DomainPrep was not completely executed?
        That is in the wrong location so I would guess it has been moved. It should be here:
        CN=Microsoft Exchange System Objects,DC=xxx, DC=local

You could try moving it back? Obviously in a test lab first...
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X