OWA Password Complexity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA Password Complexity

I have Exchange 2003 On Windows 2003. Single server. The password change feature in OWA keeps saying that the password is either too short or does not meet the uniqueness restrictions....

I have the option for Complexity turned OFF and the minimum characters set to "3" in the Defaulre Domain Security Settings.

THey are not defined in the Default Domain Controller Security Settings.

Where else does this exist that I need to turn it off.....thanks.

RC

Re: OWA Password Complexity

Do you mean that they are "not defined" or that they are "disabled". They need to be disabled in order to turn off the password complexity requirement. Each computer has it's own local policy settings including password complexity settings. If your domain GPO does not explicitly set ot disable them then the local machine policy settings will be used.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      Do you mean that they are "not defined" or that they are "disabled". They need to be disabled in order to turn off the password complexity requirement. Each computer has it's own local policy settings including password complexity settings. If your domain GPO does not explicitly set ot disable them then the local machine policy settings will be used.
      I beleive they are NOT DEFINED....I will check to confirm and select DISABLE if not already done and report back.

Thanks,
      RC

Comment

Thanks. Keep us posted.

Comment

You posted "default domain controller policy". You need to check the "default domain policy" unless it was a typo in which case you don't want to check this post!
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
          X