Exchange POP connector - leave messages on server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange POP connector - leave messages on server

I have been using the pop connector successfully for years on one of my customers SBS2003 boxes. I saw a closed thread that said you cannot leave the messages on the mail server when using pop3 connector... I offer this:

HKLM\software\microsoft\smallbusinessserver\networ k\pop3connector\deletefromserver
    The default value will be 1, Change the value to 0.

Re: Exchange POP connector - leave messages on server

Thanks for the post. I have tended to set the option to leave them on the server at the client side but it's good to get other posts, such as this one, as well.

Comment

Presumably you mean SBS? I just use 3rd party collectors as there more robust than the native one. You can set schedules for less than 15 minutes as well as leaving messages on the remote server.

Comment

Of course, I was thinking of POP for clients but it seems to be for downloading to SBS.

Comment

Yeah the POP collector is only native to SBS not Exchange. Its quite poo really imo As its not as flexible as 3rd party alternatives. Still does the job though but handy reg tweak to know all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
            You can set schedules for less than 15 minutes.
            FYI You can set the SBS collection interval to anything you like..

HKLOM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\Netwo rk\POP3 Connector\ScheduleAccelerator

The collection interval is then the GUI setting devided by the SAccelerator value.

GUI set to 15 mins / SA set to 3 = 5 min interval

Comment

You can also script this into a scheduled task using Imbdownl.exe and Imbdlvr.exe if you absolutely must have more frequent than 15 minutes.

POP is a clunky old protocol though, unless there's absolutely no option then I'd look at moving to SMTP.
              BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
              sigpic
              Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
              X