No announcement yet.

office 2007 and exchange 2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• office 2007 and exchange 2003

we have installed off 07 sp2 on all the desktops with server 2003 sp2

Now my exchange 2003 server is running like crap.. the cpu and ram are not high on the server. it bumps up to 85% cpu but nothing like pegging...

Outlook is sooooooooooooooo slow hangs when searching and hangs every now and again.. WE put SP2 for office with little results.

any suggestions would be helpful.

Re: office 2007 and exchange 2003

Are you in cached mode?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

no... we are using direct mapi mode.. Our archiving software requires it.. I am concerned that i am hitting too many mapi sessions as we also use BES with 60 users

Your archiving software requires direct mode? Are you sure about that? I am not aware of any archiving product that makes that requirement. Which one is it? I will need to put it on the list of products not to use.

What is using the processor? Exchange 2003 isn't really processor heavy, but it is storage heavy.

Simon Butler
        Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
        Exchange Resources List:
        In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

You also haven't described much about your setup.
          Is the BES software installed on the same machine, have you tried running something like perfmon, DC's access info, hardware specs, etc. Basic questions that should have answers provided in the first post. Can you update please.

I've used EAS, EV and GFI and none require cached mode being disabled.

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

We use emc email extender and i has issues with cache mode...

it is a HP proliant 380 G3 With 2 process ors and 3gp of ram.

I have down loaded the exchage user perfmon. dont know what i am doing so i can say it works. we mostly have xp sp3 desktops with IE8 and 2gb of ram..

When you say the proc usages 'bumps' up to 85% is it a regular occurrence?

What process is using the 85%?

Just realised this is the same thread as you posted last week and you still haven't answered the questions asked in that one.

the cpu spikes but there is nothing that takes up that process for long. we only have 125 users. mostly store .exe and we have 4 info stores. mostly with users under 2gb

i am going to to a best practices analyizer and upload the results.