Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming Mail monitor

Hi,

How to monitor inciming mail to Exchange 2003 mailbox users from LAN or WAN?
    I want to monitor any exchange 2003 mailbox users from where he reciving mail or sending in any days.

Plz Help

Thanks
    Karzon

Re: Incoming Mail monitor

One option is Journalling, where a copy of every message is made. Check your local privacy laws first.

The other is the Message Tracking Centre which provides detailed logging about message flow, but not message content
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Use the tracking logs for this. Storing copies of emails without prior consent is illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by scurlaruntings View Post
        Use the tracking logs for this. Storing copies of emails without prior consent is illegal.
        That depends where you live. You could argue that having emails on a server would break this? How about archiving? (not meant to be argumentative by the way!)

Tracking logs are good but can only show you times/dates/subject.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

is it possible to traceout who send the mail to exchange 2003 mailbox users from Exchange server with previous date?

Thanks
          karzon

Comment

Originally posted by karzon View Post
            is it possible to traceout who send the mail to exchange 2003 mailbox users from Exchange server with previous date?

Thanks
            karzon
            The tracking logs will tell you this. Specify the dates and times and the query will show you the relavent data.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
              That depends where you live. You could argue that having emails on a server would break this? How about archiving? (not meant to be argumentative by the way!)

Tracking logs are good but can only show you times/dates/subject.

Interesting you say that as the Government has already implemented email retention via the Anti-Terrorism act for tracking emails via your ISP. The UK government is already embarking on more transparency with a Sarbanes Oxley approach which will compliment the freedom of information act. That being said the whole premise of using the Ant-Terrorism act to pass a law under very hazy cooperate governance is extremely tardy and most all very Orwellian with little knowledge as to Internet Law, logistics involved or the technology.

In all the places iv worked in Public and Private sector viewing emails without prior consent has been a sackable offense for fairly obvious reasons.

Comment

ah.. just to be picky but you said storing emails.
                cheers
                Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
                  ah.. just to be picky but you said storing emails.
                  Negative i said storing COPIES of emails.

Comment

Let's split this to Coffee Lounge to give the op a break (I've requested this).

My reply is of course, it doesn't matter, the difference I was pointing out was between storing (copies) of emails or viewing emails.
                    cheers
                    Andy

Comment

Hi,

an authorized person of a company wants to monitor incoming/outgoing mails of all users/specific users data/subject/content. is it possible to get this type of facility with Journalling? or automatic all incoming/outgoing mails to be coppied to view by the authorized person with what processs?

Please try to solve with details URL links and Technical steps.

Thanks
                      Karzon

Comment

Karzon, I believe your question has already been answered in this thread. The simplest way to do this would be to turn on journalling, which copies every mail sent or recieved to a journal mailbox, which people can be given permission to access. As has been pointed out, consult company management before doing this, as company policy needs to allow for this and make it clear to users that it is being done. And obviously, make sure it is legal for you to do this.
                        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
                        X