Reciepents attributes in Global Address List in Outlook 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reciepents attributes in Global Address List in Outlook 2003

i have an exchange 2003 Server running in my domain.I wan to add to the attributes of the user properties as:
    Telephone Number
    Orginization name
    Title
    Department.
    I go to Active directory Users and Computers on exchange 2003 server,Right Click on the particular user and add the required information as Telephone number,Department,Title.
    The reciepent information is not updated in the global address list.
    when the user opens his outlook 2003.On clicking the global address list the information added to his user properties in the Active directory users and computers on Exchnage 2003 is not visible in the Reciepent Properties in Global Address list in Outlook 2003.
    However if i update the Reciepent Update Service and rebuild the OFFLINE Address list on the Exchange 2003 Server.
    The changes are reflected in the Global Address list.
    Also if i remove the cache mode on the client outlook 2003.the changes are updated in the Global Address list.
    IS there any way that whatever changes made in the user properties in Active Directory Users & Computers are updated immediately in the global Address list when the user opens his outlook 2003.

Regards]
    Fasahat.

Re: Reciepents attributes in Global Address List in Outlook 2003

The GAL is updated immediatly after modification of attribute in AD.
    This behaiour is happening due to Outlook 2003 cache mode where GAL is updated after some time interval.
    For updated GAL u have to remove cache mode.
    Regards,

CoolAndyOnNet | Mumbai | India

Comment

Working...
    X