Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchnage 2003 1 User - 2 AD Accounts - 1 Mail address?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchnage 2003 1 User - 2 AD Accounts - 1 Mail address?

Hello forum,

we have branch office in another city, we have a fileserver there which hosts the roaming profilesof the users in this office. Now there´s opening another branch office in the same city some minutes away from the existing one. All are connected via vpn to our main office 400km away.
    Some users will hav to work at both offices an need to have the same mail address at both offices and i´d like to have roaming profiles at the second office too for security/backup reasons.
    Loading the roaming profiles from brach office old to brach office new is not an option because of bandwith.
    Is there a possibility to attach an existing mailbox to a new account, then having
    two user account connected to one mailbox.
    I know it can be done, because my predesecor did this to one account here but i can´t find out how he did this....
    For this user we have account and account2 with only "account" having the email address tab in the AD properties...
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by chewbakka; 13th May 2009, 16:01.

Re: Exchnage 2003 1 User - 2 AD Accounts - 1 Mail address?

One way I can think of is to give the second account full mailbox permissions to the first one's mailbox. Then create the second account outlook profile so it points to the first mailbox.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
    X