Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove domain name from OWA login?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove domain name from OWA login?

Hi!
    I have installed exchange server 2003 & a domain controller.
    Now the problem is that every time i want to use OWA i want to log in to the domain first i.e domain/user name.
    How to removethe domain name from OWA.

Plz can anybody help me out as early as possible.

That doesn't make any sense !

What is it you are trying to achieve, and what results are you getting and what results would you liek to get ?

topper.
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Originally posted by topper
      That doesn't make any sense !

What is it you are trying to achieve, and what results are you getting and what results would you liek to get ?

topper.
      when i want to login the OWA each time i login i have to enter the domain name & the user name.what i want to do is tht i want remove the domain name & just type in the user name & then the password

plz help me out

Comment

I think you can only do it by using Basic Auth, and setting the Default Domain. (all in IIS for OWA).

But I would recommened against this as the credential are then sent in clear text.

topper.
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

You can do it using Basic auth but ensure you use SSL. We use it and have removed the need for domain\username by setting the default domain in IIS.

If this is a frontend/backend config then you need to put the default domain into the IIS of frontend and backend servers otherwise it wont work.
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X