login to OWA in Exchange 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login to OWA in Exchange 2003

I could use some help getting our OWA in Exchange 2003 to work after migrating over from a 5.5 machine. The problem is after moving our mailboxes over to our Exchange 2003 server if we type in http://servername/Exchange we are prompted for a username and password. As far as I can tell so far only domain users can access the new Webmail. And administrator or any one in admins group cant login!. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appriciated.

Re: login to OWA in Exchange 2003

In Active Directory, double click on the user or view the users properties and select the 'Exchange Features' tab and make sure it's enabled in there for the users that cant access it.

If you're still having problems, upgrade to service pack 2.
    Surprisingly enough, I created a OU within AD called 'External Users' and any users in this group were not able to login to OWA.
    I upgraded to service pack 2 and this resolved the problem for me.

Comment

Re: login to OWA in Exchange 2003

Originally posted by hosho View Post
      I could use some help getting our OWA in Exchange 2003 to work after migrating over from a 5.5 machine. The problem is after moving our mailboxes over to our Exchange 2003 server if we type in http://servername/Exchange we are prompted for a username and password. As far as I can tell so far only domain users can access the new Webmail. And administrator or any one in admins group cant login!. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appriciated.
      Are you wanting the Administrator's to login to other user's mailboxes or their own?

With regards to the logon prompt, I take it that when the users put in their credentials, logon is successful?

You could add the OWA URL to the Local Intranet security zone for Internet Explorer.

Comment

Working...
      X