Symantec Rapid Release FTP issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symantec Rapid Release FTP issue

I'm running exchange 2003 with service pack 2 and I've got "Symantec Information Foundation Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange" installed for all anti-virus and spam filtering, etc.

I've got rapid release turned on so it checks for updates every 4 or 6 hours however, it doesn't seem to be making the ftp connection.

I get this email -

Server Exchange100 was not able to receive Rapid Release Virus Definition update due to an FTP failure.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it or would know how to resolve it? I've already googled the error message and not much comes up in terms of how to fix it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Symantec Rapid Release FTP issue

Have you contacted symantec?
    Any firewalls in place?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Is there a contact email address for support with Symantec?

No firewalls in place on the server, I use just a router with port redirection of what needs to be open externally.

Comment

I don't know about email (try support @ symantec . com) but they have phone support:
        http://www.symantec.com/business/sup...upp_static.jsp (amazing place, that )
        Are the FTP ports (20/21 IIRC) open on your router?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Are the FTP ports (20/21 IIRC) open on your router?
          yeh, but why would i need to open the ports on my router since it's me making the connection to their ftp server?

Comment

Does the program use active or passive FTP? does the router allow active FTP? Can you test making an FTP connection from another host?

Comment

Working...
            X