Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

External recipient can not receive attachments.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External recipient can not receive attachments.

Good day.
    I have a domain user that wants to send an email to an external account. The external account receives the email, but without attachments. When the user sends the mail to me and I forward it to the recipients, she gets the mail with the attachments. The user does not have this problem with any other external accounts. She checks her emails via a P.C. and PDA, so it can not be a client setting that needs to be changed. I have contacted her ISP to check if my user has been added to a SPAM or virus filter and it wasn’t.

Can anyone help?

Re: External recipient can not receive attachments.

I have to be honest with this one - if your employee can send emails with attachments to another external contact, I'd be washing my hands of this issue as it seems like it's a client-side issue.

What you should do from an administrator's point of view, is just make sure the email is going out of the infrastructure.

chances are it's being filtered at the other end, and you have no visibility, much less responsibility, over that
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: External recipient can not receive attachments.

Originally posted by hmouton View Post
      Good day.
      I have a domain user that wants to send an email to an external account. The external account receives the email, but without attachments. When the user sends the mail to me and I forward it to the recipients, she gets the mail with the attachments. The user does not have this problem with any other external accounts. She checks her emails via a P.C. and PDA, so it can not be a client setting that needs to be changed. I have contacted her ISP to check if my user has been added to a SPAM or virus filter and it wasn’t.

Can anyone help?
      Your domain user could look into sending the email as a different format. e.g. plain text and see if the recipient gets the attachment. They can automate the process by selecting the message format on the actual contact.

Comment

Working...
      X