X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange 2003 sp2 can Sent but wont receive emails

Hello all,

I have a very strange issue

My exchange 2003 server crashed hard (Hardware Failure) I keep back ups and I have restore exchange to another machine and it is running again.

This is where is gets weird, some of my users a small handfull can send emails but cant receive anything.

This exchange server only used for internal use so it dosent make even more since.

Have run the exchange tools on the system where it is showing clean on everything.

Logs Clean no errors.

DNS MX record correct

When I check the system manager tool some days I will see in the local delievery folder that email is in a retry state. It will sit there and never move.

The only way I have found to fix this problem is to log in as the user, strip out all there emails move them into a PST file and then delete the account and then rebuild the account moving the emails back into there account.

Is there something I am missing here, is this the only way I can fix this issue?

Thank you

Re: Exchange 2003 sp2 can Sent but wont receive emails

so was exchange rebuilt to a server with the same name or did the name change with the rebuiild?

If the name changed then the process you discribed to make it work makes sense as the mailboxes are all currently disconnected.

Expand your mailbox store, right click on mailboxes and select run cleanup agent. This should mark them as disconnected. Then load the store in the mailbox recover center found under tools and reconnect them.

Comment

Re: Exchange 2003 sp2 can Sent but wont receive emails

I take it that your mailbox store mounted successfully?

Comment

Working...
      X