Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Folder Hierarchy Messages are not delivered

Hey all,

Been seeing these error messages for a while and now i have a bit of time i thought i'd try and sort it out.

All servers are Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 except for one which is Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 2000. Is runnning in Native mode.

Error message as we see it is (The subject line does change but actual error is the same.)

Code:
    Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:	Backfill Request
          Sent:	08 May 2009 10:35

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

Public Folder Store (SERVERNAME) on 08 May 2009 10:38
                You do not have permission to send to this recipient.  For assistance, contact your system administrator.
                <SERVERNAME.DOMAINNAME.com #5.7.1>
    Currently we are setup as a child domain in our Org with 1 other child and a forest root.

In our child domain we have 8 exchange servers that handle email for all our offices internationally. Each office has its own email address structure and has been setup correctly as normal mail flows correctly.

Routing groups have been setup between all the local sites and our head office and between our head office in Australia and Corporate head office in the States.

The public folder master is located in our corporate head office.

Now i'm thinking that there is a problem with the account sending out the messages to other servers not having the correct permissions to do so but when i check the actual account (Public Folder Store SiteName (ServerName) ServerName-IS) i can't find it in AD anywhere.

If you need more info please ask as no doubt i've missed something vitally important.

Anyone have any ideas??

Re: Public Folder Hierarchy Messages are not delivered

a. Run exchdump /all /exorg /v
    b. Open output file and look @ the section called "Objects flagged for further investigation"
    c. This will list any Exchange object that has had default permissions removed.
    d. add back the default permissions and test.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyROZe View Post
      a. Run exchdump /all /exorg /v
      b. Open output file and look @ the section called "Objects flagged for further investigation"
      c. This will list any Exchange object that has had default permissions removed.
      d. add back the default permissions and test.
      Nothing comes up in that.
      Attached Files

Comment

Another update on this.

I've been watching the Event Logs after i enabled loggin for a few things on the exchange servers.

Started seeing this error on one of the servers today

Event ID 3091
        Source MSExchangeIS Public Store
        Category Replication Errors

Error 1402 occured while processing and incoming replication message.

Now froom what i can find on the net i need to re-run /domianprep for exchange.

Anyone have any further help before i do this??

Comment

did you run exchdump from the child domain or parent?

Also, what is the error code in the 3091 and 1402?

Have you seen;
          http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938061

Comment

With PF replication issues I generally stop the store with the problem, offline defrag it and then run
            "isinteg -s SERVERNAME -verbose -l "c:\report1then2then3.txt" -fix -test alltests"
            about 3 times and then read the reports to see what that throws up. Make sure maintenance is working too.

So far I've found it easier to delete the store and re-import the data but that doesn't mean it won't fix that way. I went through 2 months of troubleshooting with Microsoft on a recent system that still ended up with resetting the site folder server and then starting from a fresh DB.

You can use message tracking on the replication emails. Usually something like [email protected] (can be found with adsi edit). One other thing to note is when you dismount/remount the DB you will get event logs as well, check to se what doesn't start properly mate.
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Cheers guys

I'll get back onto it on Monday when i return to work.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
                With PF replication issues I generally stop the store with the problem, offline defrag it and then run
                "isinteg -s SERVERNAME -verbose -l "c:\report1then2then3.txt" -fix -test alltests"
                about 3 times and then read the reports to see what that throws up. Make sure maintenance is working too.

So far I've found it easier to delete the store and re-import the data but that doesn't mean it won't fix that way. I went through 2 months of troubleshooting with Microsoft on a recent system that still ended up with resetting the site folder server and then starting from a fresh DB.

You can use message tracking on the replication emails. Usually something like [email protected] (can be found with adsi edit). One other thing to note is when you dismount/remount the DB you will get event logs as well, check to se what doesn't start properly mate.
                Cheers for that Andy.

Connected to all our servers in our domain and ran both the offline defrag and the isinteg commands but we're still seeing the same returned messages as before.

Message tracking shows that the messages are being sent and they are then bounced at the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyROZe View Post
                  did you run exchdump from the child domain or parent?

Also, what is the error code in the 3091 and 1402?

Have you seen;
                  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938061
                  Tony,

I ran the commands in the child domain. I don't have the righrts to do it in the parent domain as that is handled by our office in the US.

One of the 3091 messages

Error 1402 occurred while processing an incoming replication message.

Folder: (4f-89BC2B) \TNA

I'm working through the logs for the rest as we speak.

Also downloaded the hotfix and will test it shortly.

Comment

Installed the hotfix but we're still seing issues with these messages bouncing.

Is there a specific permission that i need to add on the server for this to work correctly???

No error mesages in the event logs now.

Comment

Working...
                    X