Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot install Exchange 2003, IIS Metabase Corrupt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot install Exchange 2003, IIS Metabase Corrupt?

The error I get displayed on screen is attached. I've tried uninstalling IIS and reinstalling, but no joy. I've checked out MS KB's but cant find one that applies to this specific error.

FYI its win Server 2k3 std., new install of Exchange 2k3 std. All goes well (domainprep etc) but install fails at this stage.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files
    James
    MCP

Re: Cannot install Exchange 2003, IIS Metabase Corrupt?

When you uninstall IIS have you checked that that files have been deleted. It may be worth deleting any folders related to IIS as it sounds as if the files are satill present and used when reinstalling.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I did that. the only folders I didn't delete were the ones where my actual site files are. Should they go as well?
      James
      MCP

Comment

AFAIK, uninstalling IIS the way you are shoud work. However, I have known that some software or in some circumstances, certain program folders and registry entries can be left behind. I feel that this may be the problem in your case.

AFAIK, it comes from the INETPUB folder, so it will be worth renaming any folders such as that one and others and try reinstalling.

Comment

The metabase is not under inetpub it is under \WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv.

After uninstall make sure that folder is clean.

Comment

Thanks TonyRoze.

Comment

Working...
            X