Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exchange Server Unavailabe to some users but not all???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Server Unavailabe to some users but not all???

This is an exchange 5.5 Question. Some of our users can access the exchange server and some cant. All connections are setup correctly. Ping is good. Any thoughts or ideas would be great. Thanks
    SPC Passaro, Vincent
    A+, Security+, MCP Server 2000

STRIKE HOLD!!
    AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!

You need to be more specific!
    E-mail client?
    Server ? w2k?nt4?
    Did you change anything before that happens?
    Event log, did you find anything?
    MCSE w2k
    MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
    MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

The workstations are xp. Outlook 2003 for the mostpart. Some 2000. The server is 2000. Eventlogging isnt showing anything worthwile as usuall!!
      SPC Passaro, Vincent

STRIKE HOLD!!
      AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!

Comment

LAst question (i hope)
        What message do you receive and from where?
        Thanks
        MCSE w2k
        MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

No error messages on the exchange. When you try to open outlook you cant connect to the exchange server. No errors other then that.
          SPC Passaro, Vincent

STRIKE HOLD!!
          AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!

Comment

Can you reach the server? Can you see the account settings on the outlook? Verify the user name and the server.
            MCSE w2k
            MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

is it the same computer that no one can connect to the exchange with or is it certain users that cant connect regardless of the computer?
              Server 2000 MCP
              Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Its random computers. I can resolve names and server. ( I use the ip instead of DNS so that i dont run into that problem) Its diffrent computers with diffrent operation systems. Thanks
                SPC Passaro, Vincent

STRIKE HOLD!!
                AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!

Comment

Even if you use the ip address to create the outlook profile, outlook will insist on using the dns name. To completley irradicate DNS put the exchange server in your HOSTS file on the PC (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc)
                  Server 2000 MCP
                  Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X